Do you struggle with knowing where to begin to start and grow a business? If yes, you are not alone. With all of the chaos online, it’s easy to get distracted, confused, and discouraged.
If you don’t know where to begin to start and grow a business follow these strategies.
The number one mistake people make when they attempt to start and grow a successful business – is they don’t build the foundation first and the result is doubt and confusion. Both result in a lack of confidence and a lack of trust.
Build the foundation first
It means starting with the foundational elements, which are:
Faith – ask the Lord to be the foundation of everything you do.
- What feels impossible is possible with him!
- Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance.
Don’t wait to begin mindset work.
- It is important to address negative thoughts of doubt and fear from the beginning. In addition, it’s important to avoid distractions because they will induce doubt which leads to confusion, and fear.
- Here’s an example of how your brain will distract you. I had a conversation with a 1:1 client yesterday and she said she was questioning her pricing – she thinks she’s charging too much – there is zero proof of this thought. In fact, when we set her packages and pricing she felt confident in them. But one thought drug her into the basement of despair and doubt over her entire business model.
- You have to trust yourself or you people won’t trust you.
Start with systems and processes, and SOPs, create your package and set your pricing.
- This is key if you want to start and grow your business for long-term success. Without systems and processes in place, you will not be able to serve your clients effectively and may lose referral opportunities.
- This step includes defining your soul mate client.
- What values and characteristics do you want and need them to have? What do you need them to believe about you and themselves? For example, they are ready to invest time, energy, resources, and money, they believe in your offer, they trust you, and they trust themselves to make decisions.
- These are all important for creating copy for your website and building trust with your audience.
You NEED a website – you do not need social media – start with SEO-ready pages and blog posts – at least three with CTAs.
- Think about credibility. If someone is using social media to build their business and does not have a website, are you going to trust their credibility?
- A website is your introduction to the world and it is your opportunity to connect emotionally and build trust.
Build your email list.
- Start with your community – they know you and trust you and are willing to share you with their community.
- Give them an opportunity to follow you on your new journey or to unsubscribe.
- Stay front of mind.
More resources to help you start and grow a business
Download the free eBook: How to build a solid foundation for long-term success.