You do not have to be on social media to start and grow a successful business. If Instagram has you scrolling mindlessly, feeling doubt, comparison, and imposter syndrome, there are better ways to grow your business.
Strategies I am using to grow my business without social media and how you can use them to grow your business without social media too!
Website – A website is a powerful tool to take advantage of to grow your business without social media
- Search engine optimization (SEO) for your copy on each page and for your blogs.
- Do keyword research and be sure your readability is good.
- Use categories and tags to organize the content on your website.
- Create a site map.
- Post weekly so that search engines know you are providing value and are still in business.
- Copy should let visitors know that you understand their pain points and how you will help them. Share your story.
Use blogging to grow your business without social media
- Provide value by writing 600+ word blog posts
- Post once a week or more frequently
- Ensure your posts have good readability
- Address the pain points of your soulmate clients
- Repurpose into emails, podcast episodes, and Pinterest
- Have strategic calls to action – for example, ask your readers to download a lead magnet so that you can grow your email list
- Include keywords and key phrases
- Link to internal blog posts or other pages on the website
- Include outbound links
Email marketing is a powerful tool to grow your business without social media
- Nurture your cold leads through email marketing
- Repurpose blog posts by sharing them with your list of subscribers
- Email your list 1 to 7 times per week to stay front of mind
- Be personal
- Provide value
- Tell stories
- Share testimonials
- Provide links to recorded trainings, etc.
- Share podcast episodes
- Humble brag by sharing PR opportunities
- Start with a free gift – a free eBook to collect email addresses. Create a funnel of emails – a nurture sequence – so subscribers can get to know, love, and trust you
- Create a business account and include your website URL
- Build a board strategy using keywords and key phrases
- Create and pin eye-catching graphics
- Include titles with keywords and a short description
- Link to a blog post with a call to action (CTA)
- Learn more about Pinterest marketing
Podcasting is a great tool to grow your business without social media
- Similar to podcasting, speaking is a great way to grow your authority and the know, love, and trust factor.
- Speaking is a great way for word-of-mouth referrals
- Build your reputation as an expert
- Open the door for opportunities and attract clients
- Sell from the stage
- Grow your email list
- Being a guest on podcasts is a fabulous way to be seen as an expert in your area of expertise
- Writing articles for journals or other blogs or publications helps grow your audience and authority
- When someone invites you to their platform or publishes your content their audience is more likely to trust you
- PR is like free marketing
- Increase your visibility
- SEO once again
- YouTube is a search engine
- Repurpose video content to YouTube with links back to your website
- Share podcast episodes via YouTube
- Broaden your audience
- Video content is powerful for brand recognition
Alignment with values and do mindset work to grow your business without social media
- If social media is making you feel icky, unworthy, doubtful, or fearful, it is not aligned with your values and visions for your business.
- When social media is a distraction and you catch yourself mindlessly scrolling day after day, it’s time to get off
- Ask yourself if the content you are consuming is in alignment with your values
- Focus is key to success as is a positive mindset
- Social media can lead to mindset barriers
- When you aren’t in alignment with your values and have negative thoughts, you will not show up with positive energy to connect with your audience
- Your thoughts produce your results
- Do mindset work daily to stay confident and certain in your calling and listen for God’s guidance. He speaks to us in mysterious ways.
I like to use Romans 12:2 as a reminder to do mindset work and stay grounded in my faith, to listen to God, to lean on the Holy Spirit, and to trust the love and grace of Christ.
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing, and perfect will.”
Romans 12:2 also reminds us that we don’t have to follow what secular society tells us to do. God gave us free will to choose our thoughts, choose how and where we grow our businesses, and who we trust. If we get bogged down trying to keep up with everything we read on social media, we will inevitably become overwhelmed, frustrated, confused, and get stuck in a place of procrastination and inaction.
If you are confused because of the consumption of content on social media, your soulmate clients will be confused too. Confused people do not buy.
When in need of advice, ask the Holy Spirit, your counselor. When you trust in him and seek his guidance, you will see transformative results.
More free resources
Learn more about how to build a solid foundation for long-term brand and business success by downloading this free eBook.
Learn more about the Purpose to Results™ Method.