Don’t grow weary because of Covid 19, my friends. I am here for you, just as you are here for me.
It would be really easy to become weary because of the unknowns of Covid 19, but instead I am feeling a rush of gratitude for my listeners. Anyone of you could choose hundreds or thousands of other podcasts to listen to, but you are with me! I am grateful and appreciate you!
My goal is to bring you content that will enlighten, inspire and educate you, but today, in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, I want you to know that I am here for you, to cheer you on in a time of crisis and overwhelm, and I’m praying for you. Don’t grow weary, there are ways to stay positive despite the Corona Virus.
Each of us is affected by the virus to various extents. I am so blessed that as of today, I do not know anyone directly who has the virus. My family and I are all safe and home together. Our extended families are safe, healthy and taking appropriate precautions to stay healthy.
I do know many people who have lost their jobs, who are entrepreneurs and lost all of their clients in one day, who are in a face to face service industry, like me, and are not permitted to see clients. No clients means no income. The economic impact the virus is having today is reaching far and wide and we have no idea what the future holds.
Fear and Anxiety
We have so many unknowns and with unknowns comes fear and anxiety. Many will grow weary. There is no sugar coating any of this and I am not going to pretend everything is going to be fine, because I don’t know that it will be for all of us.
But what I can do, is be here to support you and bring a glimpse of hope and cheer to you.
Do Not Grow Weary; Suggestions for Staying Positive During the Covid 19 Pandemic
- The one thing that I am doing every day to help me stay grounded and hopeful is writing at least one thing I am grateful for in my journal. If you try to write at least one thing you are grateful for each morning, I bet you will end up with a list of three things. Try it for 3 days and see what happens. When you feel down, think about that thing, or three, that you were grateful for that morning and see if it doesn’t help you keep a positive perspective.
- Journal about the events of the day.
Fresh Air and Exercise
- If possible, get out and take a walk. Fresh air does the body and mind good. As you walk, look around you and allow yourself to be inspired by the miraculous beauty around you. If you can’t leave your home to take a walk, sit on your back porch and listen to the birds singing.
- Start an exercise program. Support the fitness trainers who can’t get paid for in-person training sessions but are doing free or donation only on-line video classes. Like a walk in the fresh air, exercise does both the mind and body good! Just don’t become a couch potato.
Listen and Read
- Listen to podcasts. Take this time to learn personally or professionally. There is a plethora of amazing podcasts that you can listen to for personal and business development. I guarantee you will finish listening with at least one piece of inspiration.
- Read a book. Not having time to read is no longer an excuse.
- Rely only on validated resources for your Covid 19 news.
- Call or Facetime family and friends. Check in with them to ensure they aren’t suffering from loneliness, anxiety or depression.
- Play games with your family. Create memories.
- Clean out closets and donate what you no longer need.
- Take pictures of your family doing the things they are doing in this unique season.
Thoughts and Prayers
- Pray. Take time to just sit and pray for those in need, for those who lost their jobs, for those who contracted the virus, for people who have lost a loved one, for those who have no food. Pray for the healthcare workers and first responders. It’s amazing that when we pray for others we realize how blessed we are.
- Think about how we are all getting back to basics. Reconnecting with others, having deeper more meaningful conversations with our family members, and appreciating the small things we’ve been taking advantage of.
- Come up with a positive mantra to say to yourself every time the anxious and fearful thoughts come into your mind.
- If you are an entrepreneur, keep putting out content and letting your audience know that you are still there for them. They will still need you when this time passes and Covid 19 is no longer the focus. Shine a positive light in their email inbox or their social media feed. Don’t throw in the towel. Do the things that don’t have fees attached to them and give your audience touch points so that you stay front of mind.
And, I leave you with this verse from Isaiah.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
But those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength,
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint.
Stay well my friends.
Learn more about your host, Robyn Graham, click HERE.
To learn about The Brand Insider by Robyn Graham, click HERE.