Have you thought about becoming a coach? Could coaching be the right option for you? A way to supplement your 9 to 5 income, or even a segue into entrepreneurship and a freedom lifestyle.
There are now so many opportunities. A certification is not necessary to own the title of coach and the opportunities are endless.
The coaching industry has grown to a 2 billion-dollar industry, indicating that more and more people are using their life experiences and expertise to serve others.
Coaches aren’t just for athletes anymore. There are business coaches, health and wellness coaches, lifestyle coaches and more!
Becoming a coach is a great way to supplement your income working just a few hours a week.
Coaching is a way to become more fulfilled. If you are working in a 9 to 5 but don’t feel passionate or like you’re fulfilled, coaching may be your answer.
Being an entrepreneur is a roller coaster ride. There are battles with self-worth, confidence, etc. We also have to discover what we can give up, to begin something new and find the time and energy to do it all.
Listen to episode 1 of Put your Passion to Work and hear how Michelle found her calling and made the decision to become a coach.
Things to think about when considering coaching as a career:
- Certification is not necessary. If you love schooling and want to invest the money on certification, that is a personal choice. Certifications can cost up to $10K to $15K.
- Think about being a couple of steps ahead of others. As long as you are ahead of others, you can teach what you know to others coming up behind you.
What is a Coach
- A coach is anyone who can help or teach about an area that they know more about than their student does. This can be business, health and wellness, fitness, lifestyle, etc.
Passive Earning Opportunities
- You can create something and sell it online. The online course industry is a powerful source of passive income.
- Coaching transforms lives. No matter the niche or expertise, there is an opportunity to serve others and make a difference for them.
- Coaching is a fantastic way to make a supplemental income while continuing to work a 9 to 5 if you need to stay for the benefits. You can have something that fulfills you and serves others while making additional income.
- Good, better, best philosophy.
- Good – $1K to $2K per month
- Better – $5K per month
- Best – $100K per year
- Set your goals based on what you want to use the money for. The goals are very personal to you.
- Decide how many hours per week you want to work.
- If you want to make $20K per year, divide by the number of hours you want to work and you have your rate.
- Build your online presence, a website and social media.
- Create a brand.
- Invest in a coach to learn more about how to start a business. You will make your money back.
- Take 20 minutes a day a few times a week visiting groups and commenting and engaging.
- Answering questions and providing value. Showing up will build the know like and trust factor.
- People see your expertise and hire you.
Michelle Marie is the creator and producer of Put Your Passion to Work podcast and Profitable Coaching Academy. As a business and success coach, Michelle teaches women who to start profitable coaching businesses. She believes success comes from having a positive mindset and simple business strategies. With her intuitive mentorship, you’ll feel inspired to take her tangible tips and put them into action – even if you’re a mom and work full-time because she does too!
Learn more about Michelle and connect with her:
Learn more about your host, Robyn Graham, click HERE.
To learn about The Brand Marketing Insider by Robyn Graham, click HERE.
Book a Brand Marketing Strategy Session HERE.
Ask Me Anything HERE. And get featured on the podcast!
Connect with me, Robyn Graham: